MAINTAINING SALES CAPABILITY DURING A MARKET DECLINE
MAINTAINING SALES CAPABILITY DURING A MARKET DECLINE is a cost-effective module of my separate consulting service and is suitable for companies that want to cost-effectively receive an experience-based assessment and change proposals for their current sales activity, and who are willing to undertake the collection of materials on their current sales activity and the preparation of a presentation. The service is based only on the analysis of the source materials (presentation) provided by the client.
We will do this in four steps.
First contact me by phone (+372 5094 786) or fill out the contact form on my website. Let's make an appointment to talk briefly about your situation and whether or not MAINTAINING SALES CAPABILITY DURING A MARKET DECLINE short-term consulting service is right for you. I assume you want to maintain your market share, employees…
Second, we will send/receive the raw materials from you:
- You will receive a contract by email (to sign and return)
- In addition to the list of specified topics of the materials we collect (your presentation) (the obligation not to disclose the materials is already included in the contract we have signed to ensure the confidentiality of your company.)
- Once you have officially confirmed our engagement, we will send you an advance invoice.
- After receiving the payment, we will send you a list of topics so that you can prepare a presentation about them.
- Within the next 2-3 weeks, we expect confirmation from you about the completion of your presentation.
Thirdly, we expect a meeting proposal from you for the presentation and for the analysis during the presentation:
Topics covered in the presentation/analysis:
1. Development of sales turnover/sales margin in the last two years and in the past months of the current year.
2. Setting sales goals (sales plans), monitoring their fulfilment.
3. Purchase behaviour of key customers, changes in payment culture, assessment of the loss/loss risks of key customers.
4. Company positioning in the market and pricing, main competitors in the field, brief comparison with their developments, recent changes in market share.
5. Company structure, brief overview of job positions, brief assessment of professionalism, brief description of the sales process.
6. General brief description of the sales and support staff salary- and motivation system, review principles.
7. Assessment of sales- and support staff departures/risks of departure from the company so far.
8. Assessment of the company's internal- and service culture.
Fourth, after the presentation/analysis, we perform a generalization, prepare a SWOT analysis of the sales ability and share our findings and proposals with you.
This takes at least 1 week, but usually 2 weeks
In the course of the work, as a result of the findings, it may become clear that it is necessary to emphasize one or another topic. For example, it is possible to improve the salary and motivation system with an updated performance pay system, by changing the structure. At the end of the work, we will provide you with a short report of the company's sales ability (related to the topics discussed) with a list of well-performing topics and a list of our change proposals with reasons, and a SWOT analysis.
You will start to see positive changes already at the beginning of the cooperation. In fact, just collecting the materials necessary for the presentation helps the management to see the company's sales activities from a new point of view compared to before. The actual implementation of changes usually requires determination from the management and intelligent overcoming of possible opposition within the company. Some changes can be implemented quickly and others can take up to eighteen months. The recommendation is to find a balance between the possible positive effect and the accompanying short-term disturbances, which I try to minimize as much as possible with my advice.
Provision of service.
Communication. By phone or online, meeting at the client's place, in exceptional cases in a conference room rented by us (the rental fee is added to the cost of the service).
Durability. Four to six weeks until the report is ready.
Creating a schedule. In cooperation with the client within 1 week after signing the contract.
The nature of the service. Recommendations, advice and written materials that have proven their effectiveness in my practical work and are in line with modern good practices and are carefully and precisely worded.
Customer Participation Resource.
- Collection and preparation of materials related to the topics (by an authorized employee) for transmission to us, approx. 6-8 hours.
- The director's participation with us in the presentation/meeting and in the transfer of materials within the competence for a total of approximately 4-8 hours.
Suitability of our service. The best use of our expertise is to have an experienced consultant assess the company's current sales capacity, the risks that have already materialized and may materialize during the economic downturn, and receive change proposals that can be implemented within a shorter period of time at optimal costs.
Our ideal client…
Manages a small-medium (1-100 people) B2B private company that sells goods or services either on the domestic market or on export markets.
The head of the company works with me directly as a decision maker, not through another employee.
Faced with a sales issue or strategic transition that is important during an economic downturn. I usually imagine this as a situation that keeps the manager in a constant state of stress about sales results, or the manager becomes convinced that the market has changed, but the company's current sales activities continue routinely according to previous practices, and the market share is shrinking.
And who will hire me primarily because of my expertise (30 years of developing B2B sales companies), and not just because I would just approve the sales work so far as an outsider.
He should be willing to let me (1) decide which symptoms are really important; (2) diagnose problems more accurately; (3) and recommend the best solutions that can lead to real change in sales, but minimize the disruption of change as much as possible.
He is ready from the beginning for open collaboration, listening and reading the transmitted materials with intense concentration, and then also implementing the changes into reality. I'm here to help, but an effective process is always a two-way street.
He understands that the reward for our service, considering its impact on the business, is small compared to the cost of continuing in the same routine.
Is open to different points of view than before, but takes enough time to understand new points of view, to match them with his beliefs, to experiment.
Cost. Fee 1900.- EUR (not including VAT
Payment. 50% advance payment, 25% at the end of the 3th week - counting from the date of signing the contract, 25% after order fulfilment.